Hey all just a few things today! Lately, I've noticed we've been getting digital art being sent to this group, and I'd quickly remind all you fine members that this is a group for Colored-pencil art, as in the traditional medium of colored-pencils, not necessarily pencil art that has been colored... Unless it's been colored with colored pencils. Which leads me to my next topic of discussion: line art, and pencil art.
How do we all feel about letting in charcoal, and pencil art into this group? Lately, I've been pretty lenient and allowing it in, it isn't colored-pencil, but I can see the connection. How do we all feel about it?
Topic number three is that I'm wondering if we'd like to have these rules in Spanish as well as English... Do you feel that this would help our group? And would anyone be willing to translate the rules for me?
One more thing, out last contest went down in flames with few entries, and no prizes, is anyone up to another go at it?
The Rules (In case you forgot)
1. Mixed media is OK! Just so long as the art is mostly colored pencil. For example, if you had a character or an object that was the focal point of the art piece, but the background was painted, that would absolutely fine, backgrounds are tiresome with colored pencils, and I understand that.
It would not be OK if, say, you mostly used marker, but some colored pencil to make texture, or fill in gaps. Like I said, at least on the focal point colored pencil must be used to enter the artwork into this group!
Water color pencils are accepted! So long as it is a pencil, and it is a color, I see no reason to deny it from this group.
Please do not submit works of art done purely in graphit or charcol! Line arts such as this is fun, beautiful, and well wrth a look, but not what this group is about, I'm sorry!
2. Please submit things to the right folder! things are a lot easier for everyone andthings get accepted a lot faster if it is put in the right place to begin with!
**THERE WILL BE NO FANART FOLDER, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR WROK INTO A FOLDER BASED ON SUBJECT MATTER! (e.g. Inuyasha fanart int the fantasy folder, a portriatof Lady Gaga into the people folder, ect...)**
If you happen to notice a lot of a certain type of art, but there is no folder or place for it, please ask about it! If your feedback can make this group better, by all means, give feedback!
If you have any further questions about our folder and plasment, please feel free to ask!
3. LETS KEEP IT NICE, FOLKS! This group accepts all level of skill, so if you don't like something, offer up how to fix it, lets not bash.
4. "Explicit" art IS accepted, and will have a folder of it's very own. However, admission in will be at my and the othe admin's digression, so if it's too disgusting, it might not make the cut. I don't tolerate anything derogatory or anything without the proper filters on it, and please follow DA's guidlines based on mature subject matter.
5. Fanart is accepted! So long as it's done in colored pencil, of course. Showing love for a series, game, or celebrity is good enough to get in! Again, there will be no "fanart" folder, so go on the theme of your picture for folder placement.